Aug

Intern For John Keatley

Posted by John Keatley / Filed under News

*UPDATE* 8/20/2010 – The Fall internship position has been filled.  Thank you to everyone who sent in an application and expressed interest in working with us.  Check back often because we may have another opportunity in January 2011.

The office of John Keatley is now accepting applications for a fall internship.  It is unpaid, and it will run from August 31 to November 18, 2010.  The position is two days a week.  We work from a home office in West Seattle, and request that you have your own transportation (mileage will be reimbursed for any business related errands while on the clock.) We are looking for an intern who is passionate about commercial photography and has been actively involved in photography for at least two years.

Applicants must be professional, self-motivated, and have a sense of humor, physical ability to lift heavy equipment, and experience with PCs.  Internship duties will include working as 2nd or 3rd assistant at photo shoots, scheduling, marketing, general office work, work related errands, and assisting in pre-production of photo shoots.

Please submit resume with 3 references and a cover letter to nichelle@keatleyphoto.com.  We will contact you if we wish to arrange an interview; no phone calls, please.

Comments

I have taken photos of my friends for way over 2 years. Expect my resume shortly.
(Oliver at my desk is what put me over the edge)

posted by NeckBeard on 08.02.10 at 2:00 pm

I’d be all over this if I lived in Seattle =/
love your blog by the way!

posted by Justin Short on 08.03.10 at 6:39 pm

Would love to apply but I am in NY. I am enjoying your blog.

posted by Sharon on 08.06.10 at 6:38 pm

Hi! I would love to apply for this… is it too late? I see it’s suppose to start in about a week and a half. If it’s not too late please let me know.
Best wishes always!
Christina

posted by Christina Frees on 08.19.10 at 9:28 pm

Hi Christina,
Thank you for writing and for your interest. Unfortunately we are no longer taking applications, but stay tuned for early 2011 when we will open up another position.

posted by John Keatley on 08.20.10 at 9:42 am

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply… totally bummed I missed it. If you’re ever in need of an extra hand I would be over the moon for the opportunity. And I will watch patiently for 2011… and not be behind the eight ball this time {boo on me}

posted by Christina Frees on 08.20.10 at 10:28 am

Hi John,
I just saw a photo shoot you did recently for a Seattle Met article with Luke Burbank. In a strange twist of fate… don’t know if you are a listener’s of Luke’s or not, but I am his daughter Addie’s mom! When I realized it was you who did the photo I was pleasantly surprised. Small world!

posted by Christina Frees on 09.02.10 at 11:20 am